Monday, May 16, 2005

Faith Alone & no Judgement or Faith Plus Works & a Judgement according to one's Works?

FAITH ALONE & NO JUDGEMENT
OR
FAITH PLUS WORKS & A JUDGEMENT ACCORDING TO ONE’S WORKS?


Matthew 10:22
“You will be hated by all because of my name, but whoever endures to the end will be saved.”

Matthew 12:36- 37
“I tell you, on the Day of Judgment people will render an account for every careless word they speak. By your words you will be acquitted, and by your words you will be condemned.”

John 5:27- 30
And He gave him power to exercise judgment, because He is the Son of Man. Do not be amazed at this, because the hour is coming in which all who are in the tombs will hear his voice and will come out those who have done good deeds to the resurrection of life, but those who have done wicked deeds to the resurrection of condemnation. I cannot do anything on my own; I judge as I hear, and my judgment is just because I do not seek my own will but the will of the one who sent me.

Romans 2:1 –12
Therefore, you are w/o excuse, every one of you who passes judgment. For by the standard by which you judge another you condemn yourself, since you, the judge, do the very same things. We know that the judgment of God on those who do such things is true. Do you suppose, then, you who judge those who engage in such things and yet do them yourself, that you will escape the judgment of God? Or do you hold his priceless kindness, forbearance, and patience in low esteem, unaware that the kindness of God would lead you to repentance. By your stubbornness and impenitent heart, you are storing up wrath for yourself; for the day of wrath and fury to those who selfishly disobey the truth and obey wickedness. Yes, afflicting and distress will come upon every human being who does evil…But there will be glory, honor, and peace for everyone who does good…There is no partiality with God. All who sin outside the law will also perish w/o reference to it, and all who sin under the law will be judge in accordance w/it.


Romans 2:14 – 16
For when the Gentiles who do not have the law by nature observe the prescriptions of the law, they are a law for themselves even though they do not have the law. They show that the demands of the law are written in their hearts, while their conscience also bears witness and their conflicting thoughts accuse or even defends them on the day when, according to my gospel, God will judge people’s hidden works through Christ Jesus.

Romans 3:4-8
…As it is written: “That you may be justified in your words, and conquer when you are judged.” But if our wickedness provides proof of God’s righteousness, what can we say? Is God unjust, humanly speaking, to inflict his wrath? Of course not? For how else is God to judge the world? But if God’s truth redounds to his glory through my falsehood, why am I still being condemned as a sinner? And why not say—as we are accused and as some claim we say—that we should do evil that good may come of it? Their penalty is what they deserve.

Romans 9:15 – 18
For he says to Moses: “I will show mercy to whom I will, I will take pity on whom I will.” So it depends not upon a person’s will or exertion, but upon God, who shows mercy. For the scripture says to Pharaoh, “This is why I have raised you up, to show my power through you that my name may be proclaimed throughout the earth.” Consequently, he has mercy upon whom he wills, and he hardens whom he wills.

1 Corinth. 3:12 – 15
If anyone builds on this foundation w/gold, silver, precious tones, wood, hay, or stray, the work of each will come to light, for the Day will disclose it. It will be revealed w/fire, and the fire itself will test the quality of each one’s work. If the work stands that someone built upon the foundation, that person will receive a wage. But if someone’s work is burned up, that one will suffer loss; the person will be saved but only as through fire.

1 Corinth. 10:18-21
Look at Israel according to the flesh; are not those who eat the sacrifices participants in the altar? So what am I saying? That meat sacrificed to idols is anything? Or that an idol is anything? No, I mean that what they sacrifice, they sacrifice to demons, not to God, and I do not want you to become participants with demons. You cannot drink the cup of the Lord and also the cup of demons. You cannot partake of the table of the Lord and of the table of demons.

1 Corinth. 13:1 – 3
If I speak in human and angelic tongues but do not have love, I am a resounding gong or a clashing cymbal. Moreover, if I have the gift of prophecy and comprehend all mysteries and all knowledge; if I have all faith to move mountains but do not have love, I am nothing. If I give away everything I own, and if I hand my body over so that I may boast but do not have love, I gain nothing.

2 Corinth. 9:5 – 10
So I thought it necessary to encourage the brothers to go on ahead to you and arrange in advance for your promised gift, so that in this way it might be ready as a bountiful gift and not as an exaction. Consider this: whoever sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and whoever sows bountifully will reap bountifully. Each must do as already determined w/o sadness or compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver. Moreover, God is able to make every grace abundant for you, so that in all things, always having all you need, you may have an abundance for every good work. As it is written: “He scatters abroad, he gives to the poor; his righteousness endures forever.” The one who supplies seed to the sower and bread for food will supply and multiply your seed and increase the harvest of your righteousness.

Galatians 5:6
For in Christ Jesus, neither circumcision nor uncircumsion counts for anything—but only faith working through love.

Galatians 6:6 – 10
One who is being instructed in the word should share all good things with his instructor. Make no mistake: God is not mocked, for a person will reap only what he sows, b/c the one who sows for his flesh will reap corruption from the flesh, but the one who sows for the spirit will reap eternal life from the spirit. Let us not grow tired of doing good, for in due time we shall reap our harvest, if we do not give up. So then, while we have the opportunity, let us do good to all…

Philippians 2:12 – 13 So then, my beloved, obedient as you have always been, not only when I am present but all the more now when I am absent, work out your salvation w/fear and trembling. For God is the one who, for his good purpose, works in you both to desire and to work.

Colossians 3:5 – 6
Put to death, then, the parts of you that are earthly: immorality, impurity, passion, evil desire, and the greed that is idolatry. Because of these, the wrath of God is coming upon the disobedient.

Colossians 4:25
For the wrongdoer will receive recompense for the wrong he committed, and there is no partiality.

1 Timothy 5:24 – 25
Some people’s sins are public, preceding them to judgment; but other people are followed by their sins. Similarly, good works are also public; and even those that are not cannot remain hidden.

2 Timothy 4:1 – 4
I charge you in the presence of God and of Christ Jesus, who will judge the living and the dead, and by his appearing and his kingly power: proclaim the word; be persistent whether it is convenient or inconvenient; convince, reprimand, encourage through all patience and teaching. For the time will come when people will not tolerate sound doctrine but, following their own desires and insatiable curiosity, will accumulate teachers and will stop listening to the truth and will be diverted to myths.

Titus 3:8,10,14
This saying is trustworthy: I want you to insist on these points, that those who have believed in God be careful to devote themselves to good works; these are excellent and beneficial to others. After a 1st & 2nd warning, break off contact w/a heretic (!!!), realizing that such a person is perverted and sinful and stands self-condemned. But let our people, too, learn to devote themselves to good works to supply urgently needs, so that they may not be unproductive.

James 2:14 – 26
What good is it, my brothers, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can that faith save him? If a brother or sister has nothing to wear and has no food for the day, and one of you says to them, “Go in peace, keep warm, and eat well,” but you do not give them the necessities of the body, what good is it? So also, faith, if it does not have works, is dead. Indeed someone might say, “You have faith and I have works.” Demonstrate your faith to me w/o works, and I will demonstrate my faith to you from my works. You believe that God is one. You do well. Even the demons believe that and tremble. Do you want proof, you vain man, that faith w/o works is useless? Was not Abraham our father justified by works when he offered his son Isaac upon the altar? You see that faith was active along with his works, and the works completed faith. Thus, the scripture was fulfilled that says, “Abraham believed god, and it was credited to him as righteousness,” and he was called “the friend of God.” See how a person is justified by works and not by faith alone. Moreover, in the same way, was not Rahab the harlot, also justified by works when she welcomed the messengers and sent them out by a different route? For just as a body w/o a spirit is dead, so also faith w/o works is dead.

Jude 1:5 – 8
I wish to remind you, although you know all things, that the Lord who once saved a people from the land of Egypt later destroyed those who did not believe. The angels too, who did not keep to their own domain but deserted their proper dwelling, he has kept in eternal chains, in gloom, for the judgment of the great day. Likewise, Sodom, Gomorrah, and the surrounding town, which, in the same manner as they, indulged in sexual promiscuity and practiced unnatural vice, serve as an example by undergoing a punishment of eternal fire.

Jude 1:14–18
Enoch, of the 7th generation from Adam, prophesied also about them when he said, “Behold, the Lord has come w/his countless holy ones to execute judgment on all and to convict everyone for all the godless deeds that they committed and for all the harsh words godless sinners have uttered against him.” These people are complainers, disgruntled ones who live by their desires; their mouths utter bombast as they fawn over people to gain advantage. But you, beloved, remember the words spoken beforehand by the apostles of our Lord Jesus Christ, for they told you, “In the last time there will be scoffers who will live according to their own godless desires.”

Apocalypse 3:1-3
To the angel of the church in Sardis, write this: The one who has the 7 spirits of God & the 7 stars says this: “I know your works, that you have the reputation of being alive, but you are dead. Be watchful & strengthen what is left, which is going to die, for I have not found your works complete in the sight of God. Remember then how you accepted & heard; keep it, & repent. If you are not watchful, I will come like a thief, & you will never know at what hour I will come upon you…”

Apocalypse 3:7 – 11
The holy one, the true, who holds the key of David, who opens and no one shall close, who closes and no one shall open, says this: “I know your works & behold, I have left an open door before you, which no one can close. You have limited strength and yet you have kept my word and have not denied my name. Behold, I will make those of the assembly of Satan who claim to be Jews and are not, but are lying, behold I will make them come and fall prostrate at your feet, and they will realize that I love you. Because you have kept my message of endurance, I will keep you safe in the time of trail that is going to come to the whole world to test the inhabitants of the earth. I am coming quickly. Hold fast to what you have, so that no one may take your crown.”

Apocalypse 3:14–19
The Amen, the faithful and true witness, the source of God’s creation, says this: “I know your works; I know that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were either cold or hot. Therefore, b/c you are lukewarm, neither hot nor cold, I will spit you out of my mouth. For you say, I am rich & affluent & have no need of anything, & yet do not realize that you are wretched, pitiable, poor, blind, & naked. I advise you to buy from me gold refined by fire so that you may be rich, & white garments to put on so that your shameful nakedness may not be exposed, & buy ointment to smear on your eyes so that you may see. Those whom I love, I reprove & chastise. Be earnest, therefore, & repent.”

Apocalypse 18:4 – 7
Then I heard another voice from heaven say: “Depart from her, my people so as not to take part in her sins & receive a share in her plagues, for her sins are piled up to the sky, & God remembers her crimes. Pay her back as she has paid others. Pay her back double for her deeds. Into her cup, pour double what she poured. To the measure of her boasting & wantonness repay her in torment and grief…”

Apocalypse 20:12–14
I saw the dead, the great and the lowly, standing before the throne, and scrolls were opened. Then another scroll was opened, the book of life. The dead were judged according to their deeds, by what was written in the scrolls. The sea gave up its dead; then Death and Hades gave up their dead. All the dead were judged according to their deeds. Then Death and Hades were thrown into the pool of fire. This pool of fire is the 2nd death. Anyone whose name was not found written in the book of life was thrown into the pool of fire.

Apocalypse 21:22 – 27
I saw no temple in the city, for its temple is the Lord God almighty & the Lamb. The city had no need of sun or moon to shine on it, for the glory of God gave it light, & its lamp was the Lamb. The nations will walk by its light, & to it, the kings of the earth will bring their treasure. During the day, its gates will never be shut, & there will be no night there. The treasure and wealth of the nations will be brought there, but nothing unclean will enter it, nor anyone who does abominable things or tells lies. Only those will enter whose names are written in the Lamb’s book of life.

Apocalypse 22:12 – 15
[Then he said to me…] “Behold, I am coming soon. I bring with me the recompense I will give to each according to his deeds. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the 1st and the last, the beginning and the end.” Blessed are they who wash their robes to have the right to the tree of life and enter the city through its gates. Outside are the dogs, the sorcerers, the unchaste, the murderers, the idol-worshipers, and all who love and practice deceit.”

Apocalypse 22: 18 – 19
I warn everyone who hears the prophetic words in this book: if anyone adds to them, God will add to him the plagues described in this book, and if anyone takes away from the words in this prophetic book, God will take away his share in the tree of life and in the holy city described in this book.



Copyright © 2001, 2002, 2003, by Ryan J.

(More Scriptures to follow)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home